Full Product Description
What The Book Is AboutThe web has changed the rules of business. The best practices of the industrial economy no longer apply in the digital age. What was once safe ground is no longer so, and organizations need to adapt.
Sector after sector have been transformed by the new digital economy. Newspapers have found advertising revenue and readership evaporate, music retailers have shut their door in the face of digital downloads, and companies like Blockbuster have been supplanted by digital offerings such as Netflix. To think your sector will be an exception is to underestimate the profound impact of the web on society and business. It will not be long before new post-digital companies begin to disrupt your sector, too.
This book provides practical guidelines on how to help you adapt the business, culture, teams and workflows to embrace the full potential of the web. No fluff, no theory — just techniques and strategies that worked in practice, and showed results.
One of the book's many illustrations by Veerle Pieters.
Why This Book Is For YouIf you’ve got enough of your co-workers not understanding the full potential of the Web, Digital Adaptation is just what you need — ideas and concepts that you can put in front of senior management to make real changes.
You'll learn to:
- Tackle bureaucracy and overcome legacy culture,
- Develop a flexible and effective digital strategy,
- Use responsibility matrix to minimize delays and costs,
- Adopt a digital culture and become digital by default,
- Apply techniques from mid-sized and large organizations,
- Avoid toxic working practices and improve internal processes,
- Organize teams and boost their efficiency,
- Embrace social media and use them effectively,
- Understand the value of a digital team and invest in them,
- Break down the walls and nourish collaboration, ownership and innovation.
- All eBook versions are provided: PDF,ePUB, Amazon Kindle,
- Tested and optimized for a number of eBook readers,
- 176 pages (PDF),
- Designed and illustrated by Veerle Pieters.
Customer Reviews (0)