Full Product Description
The main purpose of this book is to help product managers who work specifically with digital projects build better — less complex, more focused, less long-winded and more intelligent — products. By featuring lessons learned from real-life projects, the book provides a structured framework for strategic product management — to help build the right products, at the right time, for the right people with just the right amount of process involved.
The book isn’t concerned with abstract models and theoretical concepts. If your company has to address these issues or you’re looking for a hands-on guide through product management, that’s the book just for you. With this in mind, the book wants to accomplish three goals:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of product managers in the software development context.
- Explain why product management is an essential role in any organization, and what characteristics managers should look for when they hire product managers.
- Provide a framework and practical guidance for strategic product management; a framework that details the elements of product planning and product execution that make up a product manager’s day-to-day work.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
- Chapter 1: Roles And Responsibilities Of The Product Manager
Part 2: Planning
- Chapter 2: Uncovering Needs
- Chapter 3: Product Discovery
- Case Study: The User Experience Of kalahari.com
- Chapter 4: Product Roadmaps
Part 3: Execution
- Chapter 5: Defining A Product
- Chapter 6: User-Centered Design And Workflows
- What About Responsive Design?
- Chapter 7: Specifications
- Chapter 8: Build And Release
- Chapter 9: Assess And Iterate
- Chapter 10: Product Management In Agile Methodologies
- Chapter 11: Getting Started
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Released: July 2014
Publisher: Smashing Magazine GmbH
ISBN (Print/PDF): 978-3-94454084-9
ISBN (EPUB): 978-3-94454082-5
ISBN (KINDLE): 978-3-94454083-2
Customer Reviews (1)