Learn how to leverage Microsoft Azure IoT Hub and a WiFi enabled ESP8266 microcontroller to obtain sensor data and start solving problems in the real world. IoT Hub is a powerful and easy way to establish reliable, bi-directional communications with internet-enabled devices.
Learn about the different ways you can measure a physical quantity such as light or temperature and record it for further analysis and visualization in your application. Attendees will receive a SparkFun Microsoft Azure IoT Starter Kit to take home for future experiments! Spots are limited, so register now!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to setup an Azure IoT Hub to establish bi-directional communication with internet-enabled embedded devices
- Basic electronics / how to collect and send sensor data
- How to display and analyze collected data in a meaningful way
By the end of the day, you’ll be armed with all the insights and resources you need to create, sell, and maintain effective interface design systems.
What prerequisites skills do you need?Basic understanding of computers and electronics.
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
Please bring your own notebook with you to be able to follow along.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
Microsoft Technology Center
11 Times Square, 7th Floor
(Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave.)
New York, NY, 10036