Nothing is more frustrating than stubborn management entangled in dated workflows and inefficient processes. That's why we created Digital Adaptation, a new practical book on how to help senior management understand the Web and adapt the business, culture, teams and workflows accordingly. No fluff, no theory — just techniques and strategies that worked in practice, and showed results.
The book will help traditional businesses and organizations to overcome their legacy, and help you plant the seeds of change with very little power. If you do want to finally see changes happening, this is the book to grab.
Written by Paul Boag.
Designed by Veerle Pieters. 176 pages. PDF, ePUB, Amazon Kindle. Also available as print.
What This Book Is About
The web has changed the rules of business. The best practices of the industrial economy no longer apply in the digital age. What was once safe ground is no longer so, and organizations need to adapt.
Sector after sector have been transformed by the new digital economy. Newspapers have found advertising revenue and readership evaporate, music retailers have shut their door in the face of digital downloads, and companies like Blockbuster have been supplanted by digital offerings such as Netflix. To think your sector will be an exception is to underestimate the profound impact of the web on society and business. It will not be long before new post-digital companies begin to disrupt your sector, too.
This book provides practical guidelines on how to help you adapt the business, culture, teams and workflows to embrace the full potential of the web. No fluff, no theory — just techniques and strategies that worked in practice, and showed results.
Why This Book Is For You
If you’ve got enough of your co-workers not understanding the full potential of the Web, Digital Adaptation is just what you need — ideas and concepts that you can put in front of senior management to make real changes.
You'll learn to:
- Tackle bureaucracy and overcome legacy culture,
- Develop a flexible and effective digital strategy,
- Use responsibility matrix to minimize delays and costs,
- Adopt a digital culture and become digital by default,
- Apply techniques from mid-sized and large organizations,
- Avoid toxic working practices and improve internal processes,
- Organize teams and boost their efficiency,
- Embrace social media and use them effectively,
- Understand the value of a digital team and invest in them,
- Break down the walls and nourish collaboration, ownership and innovation.
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 176
- Language: English
- Released: February 2014
- Publisher: Smashing Magazine GmbH
- ISBN (EPUB): 978-3-94454065-8
- ISBN (KINDLE): 978-3-94454066-5
- ISBN (Print): 978-3-94454064-1