Testing usability is vital to creating a successful website — even more so if it’s an e-commerce website, a complex app or any other complicated project. Unlike interviews and focus groups, a well-designed user test measures actual performance.
This eBook provides a guide to A/B testing, multivariate testing, tips for increasing conversion rates and a review of testing methods and tools.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Ultimate Guide to A/B Testing
- Multivariate Testing in Action: Five Simple Steps to Increase Conversion Rates
- 15 Essential Checks Before Launching Your Website
- Test Usability By Embracing Other Viewpoints
- Multivariate Testing 101: A Scientific Method of Optimizing Design
- Comprehensive Review of Usability and User Experience Testing Tools
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 85
- Language: English
- Released: May 2012
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
Excerpt From Chapter 1
The Ultimate Guide To A/B Testing — by
A/B testing isn’t a buzz term. A lot of savvy marketers and designs are using it right now to gain insight into visitor behavior and to increase conversion rate. And yet A/B testing is still not as common as such Internet marketing subjects as SEO, Web analytics and usability. People just aren’t as aware of it. They don’t completely understand what it is or how it could benefit them or how they should use it. This article is meant to be the best guide you will ever need for A/B testing.
Excerpt From Chapter 3
15 Essential Checks Before Launching Your Website — by
Your website is designed, the CMS works, content has been added and the client is happy. It’s time to take the website live. Or is it? When launching a website, you can often forget a number of things in your eagerness to make it live, so it’s useful to have a checklist to look through as you make your final touches and before you announce your website to the world.