No matter what direction you take when you begin a Web-based project, one thing is for sure: it has to begin with solid HTML. You are one step ahead if you apply the most up-to-date, bulletproof HTML techniques.
This eBook “HTML Essentials” will give you an overview on HTML(5), teach you how to decouple HTML from CSS, and discuss the reasons why you and your clients should embrace HTML5. You will be ready to code HTML layouts from scratch after grasping the basics of this eBook.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Neglected Necessities Of Design
- Falling For HTML5: Finding Love In The Little Things
- Dear Clients, The Web Has Changed. It's Time To Use CSS3 And HTML5 Now
- Coding An HTML5 Layout From Scratch
- Why We Should Start Using CSS3 and HTML5 Today
- Decoupling HTML From CSS
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 106
- Language: English
- Released: July 2012
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
- ISBN: 978-3-943075-34-2
Excerpt From Chapter 1
The Neglected Necessities Of Design — by
Excerpt From Chapter 6
Decoupling HTML From CSS — by
The goal of more manageable CSS — especially in larger projects — is to limit the depth of applicability. In other words, write CSS to affect only the elements that we want them to affect.