Responsive web design has become much more than just about media queries, flexible layouts and flexible images. Information architecture, interaction design, legibility and readability as well as critical tasks are other factors that must be taken into account especially as users interact with websites in many different ways and contexts.
In attending this workshop you will learn the essentials on how to design and build responsive websites that meet both business objectives and users’ needs.
For your projects, you'll be able to:
- Support users to do what they want and expect (and you want them) to do,
- Improve metrics and success of your website, product or app,
- Reduce support requests,
- Make your customers fall in love with your product,
- Look really smart amongst your peers.
What You'll Learn:
- Plan responsive projects
- Establish policies
- Develop compatible interface elements
- Obtain the right content (case study)
- Build a responsive checkout interface (case study)
- Discover context specific layouts (case study)
- Give content more engaging form
- Design visuals with performance in mind
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What do you need?
Please bring your own laptop (Mac or Win) with your favorite text editor.
Who is it for?
This workshop is ideal for Designers, Front-end Developers, Content Editors, Project Managers, Online Marketers or for anyone who builds digital products, regardless of their previous experience. We will unleash the occasional piece of code snippet here and there, but coding experience is not essential for this workshop.
Our workshops will take place at the ELISAVA School of Design in Barcelona. The workshop will be running from 9:00am-5:30pm on Monday, October 19th.