In this workshop, Dan will share insights into his tools and techniques for integrating design thinking into your product development process. You’ll learn how to craft powerful design approaches through collaborative brainstorming techniques, and how to involve your entire team in the design process.
The price below is in USD.
A lot of time goes into building responsive sites, partly because we’re all still finding our way. Many of us are still trapped in the high-fidelity, multi-comp process where we spend weeks preparing and pitching to clients in order to identify a suitable visual direction for projects. But we’re often missing out on new opportunities to cover lots of ground quickly, preserving project time and budget for other areas that really need it.
In this workshop, you'll learn:1) Introduce a collaborative, team-based design approach
- Increase your team’s efficiency and remove the overhead of heavy design deliverables
- Brainstorm ideas for a real-world design project using divergent and convergent approaches
- Write your product’s value proposition to immediately get your project on track
- Use Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Jobs-to-be-Done, and other frameworks to align your projects to organizational priorities
- Use the KJ Technique, a collaborative prioritization method, to define project goals
- Get the design juices flowing using familiar elements of the Design Studio method
- Use the “3Cs” (Create, Collect, and Code) framework for team ideation and collaboration
- Create element collages, an assembly of disparate design elements, to communicate ideas
- Learn to effectively articulate your design ideas through a mini demo day
- Use Pinterest boards, element collages, and prototypes to present and critique multiple design ideas
- Work collaboratively as a team to iterate and refine your design
- Sell the power of a collaborative design workflow to the people who matter most in your organization
We want you to spend your effort in the parts of the design process that pack the most punch. We promise you’ll look at your design process differently and immediately be able to see ways to trim the fat.
This workshop is appropriate for all experience levels. This workshop is for designers, art directors, creative directors, developers, project managers, and anyone else who believes that responsive web design doesn’t have to have a million comps.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
To get the most out of the workshop, you'll need to bring a laptop with your preferred text editor.