In this 3h online workshop, Vitaly Friedman (editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine), will present practical design techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies you need to be aware of when working on any responsive design project. Most techniques are borrowed from mid-size and large-scale real-life projects, such as large eCommerce projects, online magazines and Web applications. We won't cover the basics, but rather advanced and innovative examples of RWD in action.
About Vitaly Friedman:
Vitaly Friedman loves beautiful content and does not give up easily. While studying computer science and mathematics, he discovered his passion for typography, writing and design. He co-founded Smashing Magazine and is editor-in-chief there.
The workshop will provide you with:
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project,
- An overview of clever practical techniques for improving UX as well as performance of responsive sites,
- Responsive Design Patterns and innovative approaches to designing "responsive modules" such as tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps and Web forms,
- How to apply clever patterns such as improved off-canvas navigation, assistant pattern, smart URL design, priority+ pattern, vertical media queries, “view mode” approach, lazy loading, autocomplete, type-ahead search, filters, portrait/landscape orientation change, inventory-based sliders, the country selector and responsive iconography,
- How to optimize responsive websites for better mobile UX, faster data input, offline UX and print, and
- How the design processes should adapt in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organisation and strategy.
This online workshop is intended for professional designers, developers and everybody else who is dealing with responsive design regularly or wants to better understand responsive design in general. You should at least be familiar with some basics of responsive design, HTML5 and CSS.
We'll send you the registration details after purchase.
The workshop is scheduled to start at 9:00AM PDT sharp, so please make sure to prepare your coffee and a few fresh fruits. The workshops will be lasting about 3 hours, with a few breaks and time for Q&A in between.