In this 3h online workshop, Vitaly Friedman (editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine), will present practical techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies you need to be aware of when working on any responsive design project. Most techniques are borrowed from mid-size and large-scale real-life projects, such as large eCommerce projects, online magazines and Web applications. We won't cover the basics, but rather advanced and innovative examples of RWD in action.
About Vitaly Friedman:
Vitaly Friedman loves beautiful content and does not give up easily. While studying computer science and mathematics, he discovered his passion for typography, writing and design. He co-founded Smashing Magazine and is editor-in-chief there.
The workshop will provide you with:
- Front-end strategies for scalable, resolution-independent graphics and maintainable CSS with SVG and icon fonts,
- An overview of practical techniques for building layouts with Flexbox,
- Approaches to manage common performance bottlenecks including Web fonts, responsive images and secondary content,
- An overview of potential bottlenecks and design patterns for responsive HTML email,
- Real-life techniques to approach RWD projects and improve their performance and loading times,
- Testing, debugging and maintenance techniques for responsive sites as well as lessons learned from Smashing Magazine's own redesign and refactoring.
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project.
This online workshop is intended for professional designers, developers and everybody else who is dealing with responsive design regularly or wants to better understand responsive design in general. You should at least be familiar with some basics of responsive design, HTML5 and CSS.
We'll send you the registration details after purchase.
The workshop is scheduled to start at 9:00AM PDT sharp, so please make sure to prepare your coffee and a few fresh fruits. The workshops will be lasting about 3 hours, with a few breaks and time for Q&A in between.