Our relationship with websites is comprised of a series of interactions. Click a link, scroll down a page, submit a form—these are all interactions and they're at the core of what it means to experience a website. How quickly they happen matters incredibly, and ultimately shapes the overall user experience. This full-day workshop will show you how to make sure those interactions all take place quickly.
In this workshop, you'll learn:
- Why performance matters from a business perspective.
- How to test for, and identify, performance issues in your own sites and applications.
- Tools you can use for maintaining and analyzing performance.
- How to prioritize performance in your workflow to ensure it isn't left to chance.
- Common performance pitfalls people run into and how to avoid them.
- Techniques for making sure that your page renders as quickly as possible.
This workshop is for any front-end developers or designers who want to start building better-performing sites. As long as you're at least familiar with the basics of HTML and CSS, you'll feel right at home.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
- To get the most out of the workshop, we recommend you bring a laptop prepared with your favorite text editor and browser.