Do you feel like the only person at your company who understands what a huge competitive advantage a good user experience provides? Are you frustrated that your management team doesn’t see the value of creating great user experiences? Do you struggle to convince colleagues to approach projects from a users perspective?
Also available as hardcover.
The eBook will be available for download on March 30th, 2017.
Many companies try to create a great experience for customers. But few are willing to make the changes required to deliver on that promise. In fact most don’t even realize just how bad their experience can be.
224 pages. Written by Paul Boag. Designed by Veerle Pieters. The eBook will be available for download on March 30th, 2017 in ePUB, Kindle, and PDF formats.
Why This eBook Is For You
This eBook is for anybody passionate about user experience, but who is in a company that needs an extra push. You might be a designer, marketer, content specialist or any one of many jobs concerned about user experience.
You don’t need to be a manager, although you might be. You don’t need to be an expert in user experience. You just need a willingness to challenge the way your company does things and be relentless at putting the user first.
This eBook Will:
- Encourage you to break out of your comfort zone and start influencing the full scope of the user experience.
- Teach you how to articulate the benefits of user centric thinking.
- Guide you through the process of building a grass roots movement within your company.
- A movement that will advocate the needs of your users.
- Provide practical ways you can raise the profile of the user within your organisation.
- Help you find and build a proof of concepts to sell the benefits of a user centric approach.
- Show you how to get management interested in user experience and gain their support.
- Identify ways of embedding user centric methodologies into the culture of the company.
Table Of Contents
- Chapter 1: Getting real about user experience design
- Chapter 2: How to sell the benefits of user experience design
- Chapter 3: Create customer experience evangelists
- Chapter 4: Raise the profile of the customer
- Chapter 5: Get managerial support
- Chapter 6: Develop a proof of concept
- Chapter 7: Establish better working practices
- Chapter 8: Transform the organisational culture
- Chapter 9: A vision of a UX-focused company
About The Author
Paul Boag has been working on the web since 1993. He is a user experience strategist who helps companies make use of digital to better serve connected consumers. Paul also hosts the award-winning user experience podcast at boagworld.com. He is a regular speaker at conferences and author of four other books including Digital Adaptation.
- 248 pages,
- ISBN: 978-3-945749-51-7 (PDF), 978-3-945749-53-1 (ePUB), 978-3-945749-54-8 (Kindle),
- The eBook will be available in PDF, EPUB, and Amazon Kindle formats.
- Also available as hardcover.