In this popular, updated full-day workshop, hosted by designer, author and podcaster Andrew Clarke, you’ll learn how to make the most of the latest CSS3 modules so that your websites and applications will be faster, flexible and Hardboiled.
About Andrew Clarke
Andrew is a designer and author known for his design work and contributions to the web design industry. For over fifteen years, he's made designs for various clients, written two books and given over fifty presentations to web designers and developers all over the world. This workshop is not all talk as you’ll work with practical, everyday examples of responsive web designs and see them working across a range of devices from mobile phones to desktops and everything in between. You’ll walk away with a full set of resources and example files too.
The day will be driven by fast-paced, hands-on challenges, designed to equip you with powerful tools to apply to your own practice, including: rapid-prototyping, ideation, observation, user research, conceptualisation and presentation.
In just one day, Andrew will teach you how to:
- Use table display properties to rearrange content,
- Create cross-browser layouts using Flexible Box Layout (Flexbox),
- Implement magazine-style layouts using CSS3 Shapes,
- Improve typography using Multi-column Layout,
- Make the most of tiny bitmaps with border images,
- Use CSS3 filters and blend modes for creative effects.
This workshop is for professional web designers and developers and assumes that you’re already familiar with HTML5 and a little CSS. It‘s a good idea to bring your laptop to the workshop.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What hardware/software do you need?
- It's a good idea to bring your laptop to the workshop.
- Pencils, markers and paper will be supplied.
Our workshops will take place at the ELISAVA School of Design in Barcelona. The workshop will be running from 9:00am-5:00pm on Monday, October 19th.