Service design combines key elements from user-experience design, interaction design, and quality management to create long-term value. In this full-day - workshop, you’ll discover the basic elements of each of these disciplines and how they work together to raise customer satisfaction, increase conversions, and enhance key events along the customer journey.
Our full-day workshop will be marked by several hands-on exercises. Not only are these fun, but they help you internalize the key features of service design so you can provide greater value for your employer or clients from the very next day.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How service design relates to user experience,
- How you can create value even with a small budget,
- How you can move projects from subjective guesswork to measurable success,
- How you can inspire teams and service providers,
- How you can get the most out of service design tools including:
- User-centered- design basics (UCD),
- Touchpoint analyses,
- Customer journey maps,
- Use cases,
- User scenarios,
- Proof of concept / performance metrics.
And finally, we will bring these together to create a service design blueprint that helps you create a shared frame of reference for your team, provides overview, and helps pinpoint problems waiting for an innovative service solution!
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT AND KNOWLEDGE
This workshop is for Designers and UX professionals who want to take their skills beyond the screen to create truly valuable cross-platform experiences. A laptop is not required though a laptop or iPad might be helpful at times. All workshop supplies (sharpies, pencils, paper etc.) will be provided.
Microsoft Technology Center
11 Times Square, 7th Floor
(Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave.)
New York, NY, 10036