Ten years ago most websites were small affairs, with perhaps a handful of pages and very simple designs. Today, - however, -the majority of websites are very different beasts…
There’s no denying that web -sites, -services and -apps are getting much bigger; more views, more pages, more layouts, more browsers on more devices, more developers contributing to codebases: it’s time we levelled up our CSS.
This Full-Day Workshop Shall Give A Whirlwind Overview Of:
- How to assess, normalise, and rationalise designs,
- How to split designs up into discrete objects, abstractions and components,
- Naming conventions and general advice for naming things,
- The ITCSS architecture for managing CSS projects,
- How to effectively manage layout,
- Theming and skinning,
- How to use Sass to tie things together,
- And anything more you think of on the day!
Further information on the event location and the workshop itinerary are included within the ticket confirmation (PDF) — downloadable after your purchase.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
We want you to spend your effort in the parts of the design process that pack the most punch. We promise you’ll look at your design process differently and immediately be able to see ways to trim the fat.
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
To get the most out of the workshop, you'll need to bring a laptop with your preferred text editor.
This full-day workshop will be hosted at the Fort Mason and will take place before two days of SmashingConf. The workshop will be running from 9:00am-5:00pm on Thursday, April 7th. You can register online and save over $100 when you sign up for all three days.