This full-day workshop will take you through the principles of persuasion using techniques of cinematography and visual storytelling. Whether one-on-one or in front of millions on TV, presentations are the primary means of persuasion in business. The problem is that most people receive no training in how to compose the most crucial images they project to an audience and the tools available do not take advantage of motion, touch, processing power, mobility and high resolutions.
You have the data. You have the audience. All you need is a story and a screenplay. How do you build them? There are techniques which are proven to work. They’ve been used by writers, performers and playwrights for centuries. Now is the time to learn presentation skills for the post-PC era.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Persuade with logic, empathy and credibility,
- Present rich data as compelling and emotionally engaging,
- Learn about the modern tools of persuasion including tablets and interactive, touch-based interfaces.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This workshop is for designers and developers of any products, apps, software, or website.
WHAT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DO YOU NEED
To get the most out of the workshop, we recommend you bring a laptop or smartphone for the exercises we do, although we will be working with teams, so if you don’t have either with you can work with someone who does.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
IED School of Design
C/ Biada, 11,