This workshop will provide you with a practical, hands-on way to understand how the human brain works and apply that knowledge to User Experience and product design. Learn the psychological principles behind how our brain makes sense of the world and apply that to product and user interface design.
We'll look at approaches to plan, advocate and explain your ideas and design with confidence to get buy-in from the project team or client to ensure the user experience is the best it can be.
Through a series of practical exercises you’ll learn:
- Why you should match design to behavior and what goes wrong when you don't
- The psychological theory behind how people model a task
- How to match your design to the map/model and make it a success
- Mapping and designing the details using a psychological approach
- Loads of little psychology tidbits that will improve a design and make you a beמּer designer
After the workshop you’ll be able to:
- Design products, apps and websites that match how people think and behave
- Find, understand, evaluate and apply psychology theory to digital product design
- Make better, informed design decisions and advocate to the wider team using psychology theory
Come to the workshop and you’ll able to put psychology into practice as soon as you get back to the office.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
What do you need?
You'll need to be a designer, developer or product manager interested in making your stuff better. You'll need to care about doing the right thing and want to understand how people tick. There's no black hat psychology trickery going on here. Enthusiasm is a must as is a pen, paper and a mobile/tablet to look stuff up. Laptops not encouraged. There's no hiding behind screens here.
Microsoft Technology Center
11 Times Square, 7th Floor
(Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave.)
New York, NY, 10036