This full-day workshop offers practical guidance on the most critical skills you need in your career; the ability to persuade. Persuade colleagues and clients to take a risk, to step out of their comfort zones and embrace change.
Please note that Paul's workshop is taking place at a different venue. (Google Maps)
As digital professionals, we are working at the leading edge of innovation. That means a big part of our job is trying to persuade clients and colleagues to adopt something new. A new working approach, a new design aesthetic, a new technology platform. The list goes on.
But people don’t like change. They don’t readily embrace the new, and many fear it. Unfortunately, we cannot implement these things without their support. So what do we do?
This workshop isn’t about tricking colleagues or clients. It isn’t about learning the techniques of a manipulative salesman. It is about learning to work collaboratively with colleagues and customers to help educate them about digital best practice.
What You'll Learn:
- Better understand your clients and colleagues,
- Utilise many of the fundamental techniques of persuasion,
- Work with others in a way that puts you in control,
- Educate colleagues and clients without patronising,
- Resolve conflicts in a professional and advantageous manner,
- Be able to better deal with problem people,
- Avoid committee-based decision making,
- Advance your agenda even when you lack authority,
- Maintain project momentum and avoid getting bogged down in a debate.
This workshop will not just help you individually. It will benefit your entire company.
WHOM IS IT FOR?
This workshop is for anyone who is frustrated in their attempts to implement digital best practice. You may be a designer, developer, content specialist or any one of many roles. You maybe a manager or a junior employee. It doesn’t matter. This course will help anybody transform their working relationship with others.
The course is suited to people working in-house with colleagues or those at an agency dealing with clients. The principles Paul’s teaches applies equally to both.
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
A laptop with Sketch/Photoshop/Text editor or another design tool of your choice. Come well rested and enthusiastic with your favorite stationary at hand.
- 8:30—Doors open, Registration
- 9:00—Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00—Coffee Break
- 13:30—Afternoon Session
- 15:00—Coffee Break
- 17:00—The End, Networking
Please note that Paul's workshop is taking place at a different venue:
C/ Valles i Ribot, 36,