With animated user experiences moving from nice to have to a necessity, it's more important than ever to understand the ins and outs of CSS animations and transitions, motion design best practices, and how to ensure high performance, 'jank-free' animation on even everyday mobile devices.
Animating DOM elements is crucial to developing interactive designs and interfaces, and CSS and the Web Animation API offer some of the most performant ways to animate today. This workshop gives attendees the future-facing tools they need to do just that. Rich with fun example code, demonstrations, and lectures, there’s a great mix for people of all learning styles.
Required Equipment and Knowledge
- Mastery of CSS transitions and animations
- How performance and rendering are intertwined
- Animation events
- A light Intro to the Web Animation API
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
This workshop is taking place on March 17th from 9AM to 5PM in the Oxford Town Hall. The Town Hall is wheelchair accessible, and lunch will be provided.