You want people to use the products you design. You want them to download the app, click on the “Buy Now” button, and/or recommend your product to a friend. How do you design so that people will take the target action you want them to take? How do you design so that they want to take that action? What if you could use the science of motivation and persuasion when you design?
In this full-day workshop you will learn about the science of motivation and persuasion and how to apply the science to your design projects.
In This Workshop You Will Learn:
- The 7 motivators of human behavior, and how to apply them to design: the Need To Belong, Power of Stories, Tricks of the Mind, Habits, Rewards, Instincts, Desire For Mastery.
- How to decide which motivators to use for a particular target audience and product,
- The 3 “powerhouse” motivators to consider first and why,
- The latest brain and neuro science about decision-making and how to apply it when you design,
- How to evaluate an existing product for its action potential and how to make improvements,
- How to build in motivation and persuasion from scratch on a new project.
This is a hands-on workshop. You will be applying the ideas and principles to case studies and to your own project(s).
Who is it for?
This workshop is for designers of any products, apps, software, or website.
What Hardware/Software Do You Need?
To get the most out of the workshop, we recommend you bring a laptop or smartphone for the exercises we do, although we will be working with teams, so if you don’t have either with you can work with someone who does.
If you want to work on your own project, then come prepared with access to the product and/or prototypes.
This full-day workshop will be hosted at the Fort Mason and will take place before two days of SmashingConf. The workshop will be running from 9:00am-5:00pm on Thursday, April 7th. You can register online and save over $100 when you sign up for all three days.