In this workshop, Umar Hansa, a senior front-end web developer at Springer Nature, will share obscure practical workflow tips, tricks and techniques that will supercharge any developer’s workflow.
This workshop will take you through a deep dive into Chrome DevTools. You know how to console.log and you're comfortable with 'pixel-pushing' in the Styles Pane, but there's a lot more to DevTools under the hood. The Workshop will cover advanced CSS tools & techniques, performance profiling and debugging, mastering the authoring workflow to ensure your development workflow is highly optimised, and more.
IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU'LL LEARN:
- Tips and tricks for modern developer workflows,
- Each and every panel within the DevTools,
- How to conduct a detailed performance analysis of websites,
- Using DevTools for a web development debugging workflow,
- Advanced remote debugging techniques,
- Using DevTools for accessibility improvements,
- New animation tools and techniques,
- Short intro to DevTools source code,
- New and experimental DevTools features and how they can help you.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Having an efficient development workflow is crucial for your productivity and this workshop will prove that.
- You want to be effective during your web development sessions.
- You want to ensure you're always using the right tool for the job.
- You want to speed up your website by performing an advanced performance analysis.
Tools, workflows and processes are always changing in the front-end landscape and this workshop will arm you with the knowledge to incorporate all of this in your web development journey.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Front end developers, designers, DevOps, anyone involved with the technical aspect of a website.
WHAT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DO YOU NEED
- A laptop with Google Chrome Canary installed
- Node.js V7 or above
- A code editor (Sublime Text/Atom/VS Code)
- A USB cable for your Android/iOS device (optional)
Microsoft Technology Center
11 Times Square, 7th Floor
(Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave.)
New York, NY, 10036