Let’s work on a whole bunch of mini projects and exercises for a day to flex your brain and mind so you can start thinking and working like a real illustrator. Yuko is here to help!
For illustrators, and those who want to learn to become one. Good illustration is not just about making good looking pictures. In fact, what is more important is to come up with pictures with ideas, stories and messages.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Using composition to your advantage,
- Coming up with as many ideas as possible in a short amount of time,
- Having fun connecting unrelated things to create images,
- Have a glimpse of what it is like to work for a newspaper article,
- Creating character designs with meanings.
WHAT HARDWARE/SOFTWARE DO YOU NEED?
Open to any level, however, you should have some experiences making drawings and illustrations on your own.
- 8:30 Doors open, Registration
- 9:00 Introduction & Kick-off
- 11:00 Coffee Break
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Afternoon Session
- 15:00 Coffee Break
- 17:00 The End, Networking
- Snacks and drinks during the whole day
- Tea and coffee
- Paper and pen/pencil
WHAT TOOLS DO YOU NEED?
We'll provide you with the some fine pencils, sharpies and art papers etc. Still, if you prefer your custom tools, feel free to bring them with you.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This workshop is geared toward both digital and analog designers and illustrators.
Microsoft Technology Center
11 Times Square, 7th Floor
(Between 41st & 42nd Streets on 8th Ave.)
New York, NY, 10036