Full Product Description
If you are looking for more information about the Essentials Of Mobile Design, this eBook might be exactly what you are looking for.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- - Not Your Parent’s Mobile Phone: UX Design Guidelines For Smartphones
- - Why We Shouldn’t Make Separate Mobile Websites
- - How To Build A Mobile Website
- - Making It A Mobile Web App
- - A Study Of Trends In Mobile Design
- - How To Market Your Mobile Application
- - A Foot On The Bottom Rung: First Forays Into Responsive Web Development
- - From Monitor To Mobile: Optimizing Email Newsletters With CSS
- - How To Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create a Mobile Version of Your Website
- - Creating Mobile-Optimized Websites Using WordPress
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 3 How To Build A Mobile Website—by Jon Raasch
"Over the past few years, mobile web usage has considerably increased to the point that web developers and designers can no longer afford to ignore it. In wealthy countries, the shift is being fueled by faster mobile broadband connections and cheaper data service. However, a large increase has also been seen in developing nations where people have skipped over buying PCs and gone straight to mobile. Unfortunately, the mobile arena introduces a layer of complexity that can be difficult for developers to accommodate. Mobile development is more than cross-browser, it should be cross-platform. The vast number of mobile devices makes thorough testing a practical impossibility, leaving developers nostalgic for the days when they only had to support legacy browsers".
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 6 How To Market Your Mobile Application—by Michael Flarup
"App Store is a competitive environment. Against more than 140,000 apps, all screaming for attention, how do you make sure your app gets its time in the spotlight? What does it take to get good media coverage? How do you get people to talk about your app—and, ideally, how do you get them to buy it and show it to their friends? I’m sure you’ve pitched your app to at least a dozen co-workers and puzzled family members. You know the ins and outs of your elevator speech, the highs and lows, the big sells of your product and the hard-to-understand parts. If you want your app to succeed, you will need to teach that pitch to the rest of the world".
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 235
- Language: English
- Released: September 2012
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
- ISBN: 978-3-943075-42-7
You might also want to consider subscribing to the Smashing Library to get immediate access to all Smashing eBooks + Digital Editions at an unbeatable price!
Customer Reviews (0)