Full Product Description
If you are looking for more information about Mobile Design for iPhone, this eBook might be exactly what you are looking for.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- - How to Create Your First iPhone Application
- - Web Development For The iPhone And iPad: Getting Started
- - iPhone App Design Trends
- - iPhone App Designs Reviewed: Critique Board and Lessons Learned
- - iPhone Apps Design Mistakes: Over-Blown Visuals
- - iPhone Apps Design Mistakes: Disregard Of Context
- - Setting Up Photoshop For Web, App and iPhone Development
- - Designing For iPhone 4 Retina Display: Techniques And Workflow
- - Showcase of Designs Optimized for iPhone
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 1 How To Create Your First iPhone Application—by Jen Gordon
"What if you had a nickle for every time you heard: “I have the perfect idea for a great application!“? It’s the buzz on the street. The iPhone has created unprecedented excitement and innovation from people both inside and outside the software development community. Still for those outside the development world, the process is a bit of a mystery. This how-to guide is supposed to walk you through the steps to make your idea for an iPhone app a reality. This article presents various ideas, techniques, tips, and resources that may come in handy if you are planning on creating your first iPhone application".
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 8 Designing For iPhone 4 Retina Display: Techniques And Workflow—by Marc Edwards
"The iPhone 4 features a vastly superior display resolution (614400 pixels) over previous iPhone models, containing quadruple the 153600-pixel display of the iPhone 3GS. The screen is the same physical size, so those extra dots are used for additional detail — twice the detail horizontally, and twice vertically. For developers only using Apple’s user interface elements, most of the work is already done for you. While apps that take advantage of Apple’s native user interface elements require a lot less work when designing for the Retina display, we’re here to talk about highly custom, graphic-driven apps that need a fair amount of work to take full advantage of the Retina display".
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 234
- Language: English
- Released: September 2012
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
- ISBN: 978-3-943075-45-8
You might also want to consider subscribing to the Smashing Library to get immediate access to all Smashing eBooks + Digital Editions at an unbeatable price!
Customer Reviews (0)