Full Product Description
If you are looking for more information about Web Typograhy, this eBook might be exactly what you are looking for.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- - The Ails Of Typographic Anti-Aliasing
- - 10 Principles For Readable Web Typograph
- - 5 Principles and Ideas of Setting Type on the Web
- - Lessons From Swiss Style Graphic Design
- - 8 Simple Ways to Improve Typography in Your Designs
- - Typographic Design Patterns and Best Practices
- - The Typography Dress Code: Principles of Choosing and Using Typefaces
- - Best Practices of Combining Typefaces
- - Guide to CSS Font Stacks: Techniques and Resources
- - New Typographic Possibilities with CSS 3
- - Good Old @Font-Face Rule Revisited
- - The Current Web Font Formats
- - Review of Popular Web Font Embedding Services
- - How to Embed Web Fonts from your Server
- - Web Typography: Work-arounds, Tips and Tricks
- - 10 Useful Typography Tools
- Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
- Pages: 242
- Language: English
- Released: January 2011
- Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 2 10 Principles For Readable Web Typography—by Matt Cronin
"Readability is one of the more important aspects of Web design usability. Readable text affects how users process the information in the content. Poor readability scares readers away from the content. On the other hand, done correctly, readability allows users to efficiently read and take in the information in the text. You want users to be able to read your content and absorb it easily". "There are many factors that play into the readability of text. There are also a number of terms, all very important. Here are a few of the more common web typography terms and an explanation of how each term affects readability."
EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER 8 Best Practices Of Combining Typefaces—by Douglas Bonneville
"Creating great typeface combinations is an art, not a science. Indeed, the beauty of typography has no borders. While there are no absolute rules to follow, it is crucial that you understand and apply some best practices when combining fonts in a design. When used with diligence and attention, these principles will always yield suitable results". "Typefaces of the same classification, but from different typeface families, can easily create discord when combined. Their distinct personalities don՚t play well off of each other and create a kind of typographic mud if careful attention is not paid."
You might also want to consider subscribing to the Smashing Library to get immediate access to all Smashing eBooks + Digital Editions at an unbeatable price!
Customer Reviews (2)